Here at StorePress, we focus on building the most popular WordPress plugins, like WooCommerce Variation Swatches, WooCommerce Variation Gallery, Add to Cart Redirect for WooCommerce, and many more.
Our WordPress plugins are doing really well, and we’ve got others in work. We are growing our team and are looking for Content Writers to keep our plugin users engaged in our site writing tutorials, reviews, documentation, tips, and tricks.
PRIME JOB REQUIREMENT:
- You can research and understand technical concepts and then explain them in simple terms to people who aren’t tech-savvy.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking the initiative to solve problems and learn new skills and you are comfortable working with minimal direction.
- You have experience writing about WordPress-related topics, such as reviews and tutorials. (would be given priority)
- You’re comfortable writing and formatting posts and pages, changing post status and scheduling posts, installing and configuring plugins, basic WordPress troubleshooting, etc.
- Writing and Editing: You can write a well-structured article with impeccable grammar and spelling in a conversational blog-style tone. You can edit your work to eliminate careless errors instead of relying on an editor to fix them for you.
- You have experience researching online and know how to evaluate the reliability and suitability of your sources.
- You can efficiently take screenshots, resize and crop images, add text, borders, or other elements, compress images, and upload and format them in WordPress so that they are clear, useful, and look good.
- You understand what SEO is and why it’s important. You know how to research keyword volume and search intent and use keywords in your content without keyword stuffing effectively.
- You can use the text editor in WordPress to add links and do basic formatting of lists, subheadings, etc., with HTML.
BONUS REQUIREMENT (but not required)
- You understand copywriting basics and have experience writing copy that’s proven to convert (like landing pages, sales letters, case studies, marketing emails, etc.)
- You have proven results in writing email copy. You have experience using Sendy.
- You know how to evaluate the effectiveness of your content using Google Analytics.
- You have a portfolio of professional-looking web graphics such as blog post-featured images, infographics, data visualization, etc.
- Write and edit blog posts that are engaging, actionable, error-free, and follow our style guide.
- See assignments through completion from conception and research to publishing.
- Make requested edits without expressing frustration or irritation with the editorial process.
- Do keyword research to identify target keywords and use your research to plan, structure, and write the content.
- Proactively self-manage and prioritize your workload to keep the content calendar on schedule with minimal oversight.
- Monitor SEO rankings and optimize previous posts to boost traffic and conversions.
- Work with the developers to write new feature announcements.
- Write email newsletters and send them using Sendy.
- Proactively provide creative input in discussions and collaborate towards a higher quality finished product or better idea.
- Proactively communicate so effectively that other involved team members never wonder what the status is on your activities.